â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsLocal NewsCareer And Hiring Fair For CESD Students On May 15 At Ecole...

Career And Hiring Fair For CESD Students On May 15 At Ecole Olds High School

There is a chance for students in Chinook’s Edge School Division to come out and talk to employers coming up in the Town of Olds this week.
A Career and Hiring Fair is planned for 1 until 5pm on Wednesday, May 15th in the Ecole Olds High School Gymnasium.
Kelly Fairall, Program Coordinator for CAREERS – The Next Generation, says the public could come in if they are interested, but it is mostly open towards CESD students.
She adds, the more exposure we can get for students in careers is a really good opportunity for them. Fairall notes it is just overwhelming to know what you want to do with the rest of your life when you are 16,17,18 years old. She says they try to take the pressure off a little bit, because taking to people in industry really helps you set a course – and makes sure you are on the right one.
Fairall encourages students to attend whether they are just ooking for a summer job or if they are trying to find their career path. She says “I think a bit of both because your getting some experience if you get a summer job maybe doing something that isn’t something you do after high school but any experience is a good experience, I think. Great to put on your resume, but yes it is definitely great idea to come in. If you are thinking that you want to get into the trades or health or anything like that, it is a great opportunity to talk to those employers and see what they are looking for and what kind of direction you need to take for education or courses even if you are still in school, so that you can make sure you are on the right path for that.”
For the students who attend, she says to have some questions ready to ask the employers and definitely have your updated resume with your latest work experience, plus a general cover letter just stating why you want to be part of this.
Employers can participate for free and there is still room for more to sign up. Contact Kelly at 403-391-9283 or click on this link. As of Monday, May 13th about two dozen employers had registered to be there.
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading